Thursday, December 2, 2010

Man Week Day 4

Day 4

Hello Readers, I am surprised at how many people have viewed my blog, I hope you're enjoying man week!!! If you have been sending me emails with your facts and don't see them yet, that's because I haven't checked my email yet.  

Hockey!!!
Lot's of men LOVE hockey, it's got violence, drama, and suspense, and even COMEDY!!!
 
 

Hockey Facts

1. The first year a formal ice hockey game was played on record was 1855 in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Hockey was adapted from the Native American game of lacrosse to play on a frozen ice surface.
 
2. In 1917 the NHL began with the following “Original Six” teams: Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Montreal Canadiens, and Toronto Maple Leafs.
 
3. Billy Coutu received a lifetime suspension for assaulting referee Jerry LaFlamme and assistant Billy Bell after the last game of the 1927 finals.
 
4. Phil Esposito of the Boston Bruins was the first player to record 100 points in the NHL - March 2, 1969.




Well, that's it for today's post, remember, if you have some facts, just EMAIL them to me or check out the facts forum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment